A few weeks ago, I did a survey to get the pulse of my readers. You can still participate here. I wanted to know who you are, what you like and don’t like, what changes would help, and what challenges you face. This was to help me to serve you better. The results were surprising. Ready?
Who Reads This Stuff?
- 60% are women
- 40% are men
- 35% are 35-44 years old
- 25% are 25-34
- 25% are 45-54
- 10% are 18-24
- 5% are 55-64
General Belief in God?
- 55% believe God is real and interactive in the world.
- 25% marked other, specifying apatheistic, spiritual, and Wiccan
- 10% believe there is nothing supernatural or outside our physical universe
- 5% are not sure or believe God’s set it all in motion and left the universe alone afterwards
Specific Religious Beliefs? (Could mark multiple answers)
- 55% are Christians
- 25% identify with no religion
- 25% marked other, specifying heathen, spiritual, Wiccan, and identifying with many religions
- 15% are Protestants
- 10% identify with Buddhism or Native American
- 5% identify with Inter-denominational, Judaism, and Catholicism
Favorite Subjects on the Blog
- 45% like the mentorship/leadership posts (which are kind of rare)
- 30% like the Christian Living posts on how to better follow Jesus
- 15% like when I break down a Bible passage
- 10% like the apologetics posts
No one likes the evangelism posts according to the survey. However, I weave both evangelism and apologetics into most posts.
The Best Part of the Blog
- 55% like the depth of the posts
- 35% like the practical information
- 5% like the ease of use
- 5% clicked other, writing in that it makes them think. If I can make you think, then I consider that post a success.
How Can I Improve (3 people skipped it)
- 41% want a FAQ page. I don’t get any questions so if you have any, ask and I’ll see if I can answer them.
- 29% would like shorter posts. I’ll try to keep it under a 1000 words unless it takes from the depth of the post.
- 29% clicked other, and wrote in the following: not a thing, follow your muse, keep your editor (Hi Nay!), keep doing what I’m doing (I will but with more focus), and adding a categories page. I have a search bar on the right-hand side under the heading TOPICS where you can search by categories.
Read Any of my Books (multiple choice)
- 50% haven’t read any
- 50% read Howls From the Wolfpack
- 35% read Growls of a Wolf
- 5% read Discovering You: Finding Out What Makes You Tick 🙁
Your Biggest Challenge
- 70% say it’s Life
- 30% got specific: trust issues, forgiveness, health, self-hatred, anger, being judgmental, a life of nothing but work.
The last section was really important. I’ve walked or am currently walking all of those paths. Overall, you guys gave me a target to focus on and I thank you for that. Remember, if you have a question you want me to answer about myself or a topic, post it in the comments. The interesting and recurring I’ll start looking into answering and adding to the FAQ page you requested. Some may become a blog post.